• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 4

229 posts in this topic

jim_late.jpg

Yep...and sick as a dead dog, or at least it felt like it. Was just released from the hospital after being admited last Sat afternoon for Pnuemonia that was misdiagnosed as the Flu at my fine military clinic. When admited it was the third plus day of 104+ temps (got as high as 104.8). Never been this sick in my life and can only imagine death being worse than the state I was in. The good German docs pumped me full of antibiotics for 24 hours and finally got my temp under control. Spent the rest of the week in bed watching all forms of decadent DvDs (anyone seen Graveyard Tramps cloud9.gif) and discovered what a great series Firefly is/was...

Anyway....I'm fine now but will not be able to continue in the grading contest which I'l address with Greggy and Nik in PMs...

Thanks for all the e-mails by the way...nice to know you just can't fall off the Net without someone noticing... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

discovered what a great series Firefly is/was...

I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I loved that series. To bad it ended.

Isn't a movie coming out this summer based on this series? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've never seen it, but heard good things from discriminating individuals...like yourselves! thumbsup2.gif

discovered what a great series Firefly is/was...

I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I loved that series. To bad it ended.

Isn't a movie coming out this summer based on this series? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've never seen it, but heard good things from discriminating individuals...like yourselves! thumbsup2.gif

Yes. It should be a good movie for anyone to watch, and it's supposed to help "wrap up" some story lines for fans of the series. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Probably the only movie I'll see this summer in the theater.

The show and the movie are both directed by Joss Wheden, the same dude that directing Wonder Woman and currently writing Astonishing X-Men. Oh, the movie is called Serenity.

As OG said...there's apparently a movie coming out that's going to cover some of the plot threads left lingering after the series was cancelled. It's a damn shame too. Show has more heart than any sci-fi series I can think of. What Whedon did as far as character development in a half season is really admirable. Hell, he even has a truly bad [#@$%!!!] villain to play with as well as another that's truly interesting.

My wife bugged me for months to watch the series and it finally took being laid up for me to check it out. I may have to take her recommendations a little more seriously next time. The series had me hooked after the pilot and never let go. I hope the movie makes buckets of cash so the series can be restarted...

I can't recommend the series highly enough...

Jim