• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Mighty Marvel Western #1

15 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I used to own the single highest graded CGC 9.8 copy of this book.

Wow, that's awesome.  I'd love to see that book become available because I'd love to have a shot at it.  I wonder where it is now.  Hopefully someone that really appreciates the genre owns it.  Sorry you don't still have it.  Not that I want to date myself, but I used to read Rawhide Kid comics when I was a kid (the original Marvel version) so I'd like to collect a couple for display. 

In addition to this book I'm also looking for a Rawhide Kid #17 in an upper level grade to high grade, but those are hard to find.

5 hours ago, Disfan said:

Wow, that's awesome.  I'd love to see that book become available because I'd love to have a shot at it.

No chance as I sold it to a friend of mine when I left SA behind.

Here it is:

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=639253

I sold my buddy several of my books to help him build that #1 set.

5 hours ago, Disfan said:

In addition to this book I'm also looking for a Rawhide Kid #17 in an upper level grade to high grade, but those are hard to find.

wwcomics seems to list quite a few of your genre from time to time

http://www.wwcomics.com/comic_search_results.asp?txtsearchParamType=ANY&prodnameplural=rawhide&issue=Issue+%23

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

when I left SA behind

Wow, that's an awesome looking book - just gorgeous.  Thanks for sending me the link.  Also, that's great that you sold it to a friend - hopefully he lets you see it from time to time. 

Sorry to ask a newbie question, but what does "SA" stand for?  Also, how long have you been in Paris?  I was stationed in Belgium a number of years ago and we went to Paris quite a bit during that time - beautiful city.

Thanks also for the wwcomics.com link.

SA = Silver Age comics (books from 50s to late 60s)

GA = Golden Age comics (books from late 30s to early 50s)

BA = Bronze Age comics (books from 70s ...)

etc ...

I've been in Paris almost 5 yrs now.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Aahh, yes.  I should have caught on to that.  However, since you're located in Paris and the wording was "... when I left SA behind ..." I was thinking maybe you were referring to San Antonio (SA).  :)  I asked about it just in case it was San Antonio - my wife's from San Antonio.  

Wow, five years in Paris.... that's a lot of really great meals.  My wife and I are "foodies" and we loved the food in Paris (what foodie doesn't), but I never did get over how small the portions were in the restaurants.  Of course, that's just the American culture coming out.  I'm not a large person...  I just love to eat.

Thanks again for the information on the comics. 

I just came back from my first (but certainly not last) USA Road Trip. We did FL, TN, LA and TX.

TX we spent most of the time in Austin although we visited Houston, Gruene and San Antonio.

Love Texas ! Hot hot hot ! and LOVE Texan meat ! Best BBQs ever.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Yes, I have to agree about the meat in Texas - absolutely fantastic.  Does "LA" in your post mean Los Angeles or Louisiana?  I ask because I was born in Louisiana and most of my relatives are in Louisiana.  If it's Louisiana - where did you guys go?  I'm assuming New Orleans?

BTW - I got so caught up in talking about Paris and Texas that I forgot to make a request.  Can you contact your friend to see if he's ready to sell that book to a Rawhide Kid fan?  :bigsmile: 

24 minutes ago, Disfan said:

Does "LA" in your post mean Los Angeles or Louisiana?

Louisiana and yes the time spent was in New Orleans.

Edited by Gotham Kid