• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Many Ashcan Copies Exist Of Different Books?

226 posts in this topic

You have to view it from a historical, rather than a financial point of view. For example, let's say someone created a fake that was so good that someone paid big bucks for it. Congratulations to the crook: he just scammed someone out of some money. foreheadslap.gif

On the other hand, there's those of us who have an interest in ashcans not primarily due to their monetary value, but because of their history. I mean, a real ashcan was probably literally in the hands of the book's creator(s) before the series even began. They're truly a piece of comic history.

If someone recreates a Picasso so well that it fools the experts, does that make it a Picasso? NO

As to what I have:

Animal Antics

Cyclone Comics

Intimate Confessions

Real Fact Comics

Movie Cartoons

Movie Fables

Movie Gems

Screen Cartoons

Screen Comics

Screen Fables

Screen Funnies

Screen Gems

Ashcan/Comics - you are correct about the 7.5 Superman. I also showed that there were two Superman ashcans slabbed: a 9.0 & a 7.5. Now it shows on the census as an 8.0. Maybe it was always an 8.0 & CGC just corrected it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Gary - I'm glad we can provide some entertainment for ya! yay.gif27_laughing.gif

Hello Guys,

First, this CGC site is awesome.

My name is David and i am Moderator (T.I.A) on comicbookrealm CBR

In my search for ashcan(s) covers, I came accros this Topic.

I have a question, is it possible to see a good scan from the ashcan O K Comics #1  ?

I m honest for the reason i wanna use that scan to upload on our CBR database, or would be great if the owner upload it himself.

I m allready searching a few months after that cover and find now the guts to ask if the owner wanna post it here.

Thanks in advance !!

David aka T.I.A

Greetings from Belgium !