• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grail Acquired!

26 posts in this topic

Just an quick update,

I cracked the 73 out of the holder. I need to inspect the book some more, but the tear on the spine was repaired with archival tape on the interior of the spine. I need to do some more looking, but it may have been disassembled to make the repair. I still need to look at the staples a little more carefully. The rest of the book is great!

If the tear was repaired with archival tape, and possibly dissasembled, how did it end up in a blue holder?

Still a beautiful book, but what am I missing here?

Just an quick update,

I cracked the 73 out of the holder. I need to inspect the book some more, but the tear on the spine was repaired with archival tape on the interior of the spine. I need to do some more looking, but it may have been disassembled to make the repair. I still need to look at the staples a little more carefully. The rest of the book is great!

If the tear was repaired with archival tape, and possibly dissasembled, how did it end up in a blue holder?

Still a beautiful book, but what am I missing here?

My thoughts exactly. I don't see how the tape could have been placed without dissasembly, but who knows. Staples don't look odd. On the plus side, I picked up my 3rd copy of the book, CGC 6.5 haven't craked it yet.

Had this book for awhile and just got it back from CGC.

File0299.jpg[/img]

I'm confused. I thought the 4.0 was your grail, but you already had a 6.5?

Also, you're supposed to sell the comics you upgrade, and use that money for further upgrades. poke2.gif

The 4.0 was the first one I bought and about two or three months later a 6.5 came up so I grabbed it as well, although at a much higher price. Now I have both copies plust a lower grade copy I already had. The 6.5 is very clean but the 4.0 is better in general if you discount the spine split.