• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn #227 (Amazing Spider-Man #300 Cover Homage)

3 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, BrotherNature said:

CGC graded 9.8.  It's a beautiful book and I want it so bad, but,,, $185.   Yes, no? 

If you're talking about the regular color edition, the last recorded sale (earlier this month) was $103. According to GPA, this book has a 90-day average of $96, a 12-month average of $85, and is on the uptick. A copy sold for $150 a little over a year ago, but it appears to be an outlier.

Any way you slice it, $185 is rather optimistic for the regular color edition. The sketch cover, however, is currently going for north of $500.

Even though the book is on the rise, I don't think the market is quite ready for $185 yet.

Welcome to the boards BTW. Hope this helps. It is a SWEET book!

I have one in 9.9. :x

PS - I'd say $100 would be a fair offer for both of you. DO NOT go any higher. (thumbsu

Edited by newshane

Thank you very much for the information. :)

FWIW the book itself was being sold for $169.99 and then I would have to pay $16.50 for shipping.  There is another one being sold at a respectable web site online for $119.95 + $4.95 for shipping, but the one I want looks MUCH better than this one.  The corners are sharper, the book looks to be folded evenly etc.  Decisions, decisions...  Thanks again.

Edited by BrotherNature