• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Martin Landau

24 posts in this topic

I was a big fan of his work in "Tucker".  I believe he got an Oscar nomination for that one.  He also was memorable as Matt Damon's professor in "Rounders".    He even classed up a movie like BAPS.  He was working right up until his death.  I believe we will still see a few films with him in it being released.

22 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

"The mind of Stephan Miklos" is considered one of the greatest Mission Impossible episodes ,... brilliant acting by Landau playing dual roles.....

not an action episode but purely plot driven......

plotting is extremely dense in this episode so don't blink if watching it

I will check it out of the weekend that episode on Amazon Prime.

I never watched the original series,but I remember my grandfather telling me how good it was. So I think this weekend I will finally give Classic MI a look.

He was absolutely fascinating, if not trail-blazing as the henchman in "North By Northwest."

...and his physical response to Cary Grant's pleas for help on Mount Rushmore, practically invented these kinds of heartless tough-guys in the Bond films.