• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GOLDEN AGE COVERS

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, as I have just completed my Batman #1 (minus the BC), I am looking toward my next endeavor which would be slowly completing one of either an Action Comics #1, TEC #27 or a Cap #1. As I am not rich I generally buy the cover and then a coverless copy as it makes buying these big books somewhat affordable. Thus, I thought it would be best to do some preliminary research first, before diving into the deep end once again. My first question would be are there many cover wraps of front covers, or even partial front covers floating around anymore? I remember seeing an Action Comics #1 partial front cover up for auction back in 2012 from memory and it sold for over 6k back then. I wonder if there are many of them now out there and if so, what they would sell for. Comic books have come a long way since then. My next question would be, how much would these kind of covers go for nowadays? I paid 3k for my Bat #1 FC at CC in December of 2014 which felt like a lot then but seems very cheap by today's prices. I know I have asked similar questions in the past but it is a fast moving market and the prices from a year or so ago no longer hold valid as the comic market now moves so fast, those prices quickly become outdated. I am sure other people are wondering about these kind of things so feel free to chime in and ask about covers to other big books as I think it would be interesting to see peoples thoughts or stories. Also, if anyone has any of those covers, feel free to let me know :) 

21 hours ago, Batman_90 said:

Hi all, as I have just completed my Batman #1 (minus the BC), I am looking toward my next endeavor which would be slowly completing one of either an Action Comics #1, TEC #27 or a Cap #1. As I am not rich I generally buy the cover and then a coverless copy as it makes buying these big books somewhat affordable. Thus, I thought it would be best to do some preliminary research first, before diving into the deep end once again. My first question would be are there many cover wraps of front covers, or even partial front covers floating around anymore? I remember seeing an Action Comics #1 partial front cover up for auction back in 2012 from memory and it sold for over 6k back then. I wonder if there are many of them now out there and if so, what they would sell for. Comic books have come a long way since then. My next question would be, how much would these kind of covers go for nowadays? I paid 3k for my Bat #1 FC at CC in December of 2014 which felt like a lot then but seems very cheap by today's prices. I know I have asked similar questions in the past but it is a fast moving market and the prices from a year or so ago no longer hold valid as the comic market now moves so fast, those prices quickly become outdated. I am sure other people are wondering about these kind of things so feel free to chime in and ask about covers to other big books as I think it would be interesting to see peoples thoughts or stories. Also, if anyone has any of those covers, feel free to let me know :) 

You may wanna check out the "I wanna get married" thread....its Tinder for comic book parts guys.