• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action comics 252 advice
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Got the chance to buy this, looking to get graded, just wanted advice on what the likely outcome of the grade will be if possible?

cover is detached, coupon clipped out(doesn't affect story) I'll post some pics

thanks

IMG_1155.PNG

IMG_1156.PNG

IMG_1157.PNG

IMG_1158.PNG

IMG_1159.PNG

IMG_1160.PNG

IMG_1161.PNG

IMG_1162.PNG

Action 252 is one of my favorite books. You would be better off in the spare a grade area for people's opinions. I'm in the 1.0 range Qualified with a missing coupon and some other notations like tape and bug chew .  Looks brittle as well. What's going on in the D.C. Bullet.. all the red is missing? Not much fading on rest of book. That looks different to me. Still a key and worth picking up if price is right. Good luck

Is there such a thing as a qualified Fair?  Grading the old fashioned way, you're allowed that coupon out in Fair if it doesn't hit the story.

Generally, Fair is readable, Poor is ruined.  If the cover isn't completely split, it should get 1.0.

52 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

The slab will add to the eye appeal of the book.  If he has a slab collection, no reason not to add this one.

I've noticed on the new slabs, which are very crystal clear, that books with nice eye appeal look even better in the slab. However, I've also noticed that books without eye appeal look worse. It's as if the slab magnifies some flaws. Also, with very fragile looking books like this one, chips from the pages or cover can fall off in the slab. Seeing chips laying at the bottom of the inner well can drive some of us OCD collectors crazy. Just saying.

29 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I've noticed on the new slabs, which are very crystal clear, that books with nice eye appeal look even better in the slab. However, I've also noticed that books without eye appeal look worse. It's as if the slab magnifies some flaws. Also, with very fragile looking books like this one, chips from the pages or cover can fall off in the slab. Seeing chips laying at the bottom of the inner well can drive some of us OCD collectors crazy. Just saying.

I'm with Bob. I'd keep it raw to enjoy it unless you plan on flipping it.

I'd also say 1.0 for grade, it is in pretty rough shape. But that being said I would pick it up. I could have picked up a CGC 3.0 for 600 and I passed, thinking I would find a better copy. That was right before show was announced! ???

Edited by FutureFlash