• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Horror and Sci-Fi Poster Collection at the PEM

6 posts in this topic

So it's not OA, but some of you folks might be interested. The Peabody Essex Museum in Salem MA is putting 90 of Kirk Hammett's classic Sci-Fi and horror movie posters on exhibit. It opens in a few days.

https://www.pem.org/exhibitions/its-alive-classic-horror-and-sci-fi-art-from-the-kirk-hammett-collection

A good chunk of his collection was on display at the departure lounge in San Francisco airport when I was there a few years ago (waiting for a connecting flight to LA).  Some terrific stuff (all in display cabinets) and something I wasn't expecting to come across.  Best airplane wait I've ever had . . .

I went to the show yesterday morning. It was fantastic, even better than expected, lots of big uns, not just one-sheets, plus props, guitars, a few statues, toys and a 50s/60s living room installation, 3 or 4 Basil Gogos originals from Famous Monsters plus 3 Frazetta originals. I’m sure I’ll go back and will take some pictures when I do.

9 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I went to the show yesterday morning. It was fantastic, even better than expected, lots of big uns, not just one-sheets, plus props, guitars, a few statues, toys and a 50s/60s living room installation, 3 or 4 Basil Gogos originals from Famous Monsters plus 3 Frazetta originals. I’m sure I’ll go back and will take some pictures when I do.

When the collection was on display at San Francisco airport my camera was packed away in my suitcase!  There was even a Luminoid mask from The Ouer Limits episode, 'A Feasibility Study' (I'm a big OL fan, so that was a real biggie for me).