• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracking the slab...

24 posts in this topic

You're right Bug. Slabbing a comic book turns it into a nice collectable comic card. Why anyone would want to take that and turn it back into just a comic is rediculous.

Siding with you on this one. mad.gif

Northern and Southern Italy (especially Sicily) pronounce it differently. Much like the differences between Spanish and Portugese with the hard and silent 'R'/'H' pronunciation. The most IMPORTANT thing is the DELIVERY and the spitting on the floor in utter disgust AFTER you enunciate the word and sometime, if called for, throwing in "Animal" (pronounced on-e-moll') immediately after spitting on the floor as an added pyrotechnic bonus. Remember, Italians are subject to acting out what they're saying with their hands, expressions, body language and alot of spitting!

I crack to read all the time & I've cracked 4-5 to read recently, & All I do is carefully pull apart the container (in the middle area) enough so you can get a finger in there & pull & container cracks off nicely (sometimes unevenly, pieces can fly off). The inner bag can be tightly pulled at a corner (upper corner), and often it easily slides open, requiring no cutting (smooth). I discard the label & all other materials & pull the paper out of the inner covers, bag & read, and store in my collection.

I've had to use Hammer's approach on a few that were sealed more tightly & the corner pull on the inner bag didn't work. Had to carefully cut the inner bag along the top & pull out book. Haven't damaged one yet, Only way to read some old SIlver & sci-fi copies, difficult to find these unlslabbed. An example is an early Tales to Astonish (1960) on my Pic was a slabbed 4.5 (thrashed for a VG+) that I bought cheaper than Guide & boom, fun readin!

I discard the label & all other materials & pull the paper out of the inner covers, bag & read, and store in my collection.

Why do you take out the micro-chamber paper? Woudn't it be worth bagging the book with this paper still inside the covers?