• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Amazing Spider-Man 700 Variant

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased the J Scott Campbell ASM #700 variant set with the accompanying Superior Spider-Man #1. However, I noticed that the bottom left corner of ASM #700 seems to have some damage (most likely due to Midtown comics' poor shipping, as I've had similar problems in the past.) I am not as in-depth a collector as some here - I love variants, but I don't usually get anything CGC'd. I'd like to believe most of my comics are in great condition, so this little flaw is bothering me. I know the pictures aren't the greatest quality, as all I really wanted to learn about was this specific corner, but could you please help me out? I was hoping for at least a 7 or 7.5. The rest of the book looks fantastic. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

20170809_215229.jpg

20170809_215251.jpg

20170809_215303.jpg

it's hard to give a grade without a close up scan of the front and back cover. 

Assuming that corner is the only defect and you want at least a 7.0-7.5, you shouldn't worry... This dent isn't enough to drop it below VF-

If the rest of the book were flawless, you could expect maybe a 9.2

Yep! Agree with Michelangelo, 7.5 seems about right.

I can dimly remember standing in line at Midtown when that issue came out... whew, feels like a million years ago now.