• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great teams - writers & artists

29 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Loeb/Sale.

I don't know why there seems to be two different Jeph Loeb's.  There's the excellent work he's put out with Tim Sale.  And then there's everything else which is pretty much terrible (Batman: Hush and Superman/Batman excluded).

This is the first comment where I have to say I just haven't read enough of their work. I'll need to remedy that.

4 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

I think in some instances of great partnerships there is a dominant individual, but I don't think it was a hard and fast rule. I also don't think it lessens the person that isn't dominate... I think it takes a special skill to help someone else supremely realize an artistic vision. 

From your example, going by work both did later without the other... doesn't it seem safe to say Miller dominated the Miller / Janson relationship? It was somewhat famously rocky at times as well, so I'm not sure it was always happy.

Yes, Miller was the bigger/better of the two but they were both better together than individually imo. Still, Miller has written so much top shelf stuff AND been so artistically important that it is difficult to say he wasn't the better ofmost artist or writers.

Paul Dini / Bruce Timm

Matt Fraction / David Aja

Geoff Johns / Gary Frank

Alejandro Jodorowsky / Jose Ladronn (Modern) or Moebius (Copper Age)

Jeff Parker / Gabriel Hardman

Edited by Ken Aldred

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, Wolverinex said:

Chris Claremont and John Byrne

Way to go out on a limblol

Jim Lee, Scott Williams, Chris Claremont (you have to include Williams because Jim Lee's artwork is at a different level when he inks it).  Any book that these three worked on is a must buy for me.

Todd McFarlane and David Michelinie is a decent duo also(thumbsu

On 8/20/2017 at 9:35 AM, TheRealVenom said:

I'll be the only one who says this haha but Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos got me back into collecting comics when the ASM Big Time arc started. Dans a cartoony guy and Ramos draws a cartoony spidey. I just loved it. 

I know it's a matter of taste, but I feel the exact opposite.  Humberto made me drop spiderman.