• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Public Scanning Question
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Good Evening,

Has anyone attempted to scan any slabbed comics at fed ex or any other public scanning facility for that matter? 

My scanner broke down and I went to Fed ex today to scan in some slabs. During the process," MIKE" comes storming out of the back office spouting out "copyright!! Can't scan it!! 

So before I go complete She-hulk on Mike's booty... what are the exact rules and stipulations of scanning a signature/sketch or even just a comic with no signature on it for that matter that is Slabbed from Cgc  and verified. Not to mention something I bought and own... can they really say I can not scan it?? Please enlighten me on all legalities...

Thanks

7 minutes ago, MagnusX said:

I Scan my books and OA in the Public Library, Free and no drama...

(thumbsu

59b139c166b57_PunisherWarZone01SSa.jpg.d49006403e48e512de0aa570e32df201.jpg59b139de0f926_UltimateFantasticFour26Page3.jpg.6909bd9abc91a274f78799c5ab841ea2.jpg

Those are nice scans and surprised they have a flatbed large enough especially for the OA.  I admit not having gone to a public library in a long while (although I do check out audio books online through them).  I may need to stop in.  I know they charge for copies, or at least used but had never ventured to scan something.  I would love to scan my OA and portfolio plates.  I have a scanner for slabs already.

I got that kind of BS too! I did some artwork for a board member, and wanted to copy it for myself. They told me I could not because of copyright. I told them I was the artist, they said how do we know.

That place will never get my business ever again.

9 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

Sounds like a dude with some sorta complex. F Mike and the horse he rode in on!

Hey Lawrence, slow your roll.  (tsk)  The horse had nothing to do with it... plus, she's a sweet ride.

13 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:
16 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Hey Lawrence, slow your roll.  (tsk)  The horse had nothing to do with it... plus, she's a sweet ride.

I stand by my original statement! :banana:

I hope you can live with yourself.

beating-a-dead-horse-.jpg