• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting X-men auctions

46 posts in this topic

Sure some of the rest of you have noticed that pretty high grade run of X men( that's how they are listed) on ebay which is issue #2 thru 100 or so. I thought it was interesting as I have noticed this guy buying all these books at incredible prices on ebay - far above what I thought were high prices. Now he has to suddenly sell all of them for tax reasons! The 2 I remember best on ebay are the 9.4 #6 and the 9.2 #9 - which I think he paid $2500 and $900 respectively! The #6 he just bought from PCE about 2 weeks ago. And every book has a reserve which is obviously pretty high - the #7 9.4 already at $2400 and not met reserve. Guess the IRS isn't knocking at the door yet. But the really funny thing is the couple of bidders who have bid these books up as high as they are. Mainly 2 bidders - one with 6 feedback and a negative and the other with a lot of feedback but no comic book transactions! Just thought it was interesting stuff.

I saw that too, and am not even giving them a second thought. The guy's reserves are patently insane, and if the IRS is calling, I'll wait for a relist.

Oh yeah, shill be a good ride watching the current ones. grin.gif

Just as an FYI, here's the auctions:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=nationalmoving&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

And here's the bidding history on 91971, who incidentally hasn't had a transaction (sold some old shirts) since 2002, but is bidding like a wildman:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=91971+&completed=0&sort=3&all=1&rows=25

And roboshop, another "mystery bidder" who suddenly got a hankering for some high-grade X-Men:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=roboshop&completed=0&sort=3&all=1&rows=200

This guy (Zero Feedback) is a little more varied, but he definitely looks like another big fan:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=qwopty&completed=0&sort=3&all=1&rows=200

Or is this a forum member looking for trouble? grin.gif

These people who misspell the title of the book they're selling don't deserve my bids!!! I didn't see these books because my search looks for "x-men" and "xmen" but not "x men". There's a freakin' dash in the title Mr. nationalmoving!!!

Didn't this guy do about the exact same thing at the beginning of the Summer? I seem to remember him selling a bunch of books saying that he was having problems with something or other. Anyways, still a nice bunch of books.. too bad he has no ASMs frown.gif

Brian

i'm pretty sure the seller is a forum member. i know he was (like myself) caught in the rustys-starwars-saga.

but geez - a SECOND full HG run?? has any forum members here been so successful in their collecting pursuits to have actually suceeded in completing a SECOND run?

Could everyone check this auction out (Reserve not Met) and tell me what's going on?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33826&item=2165892634

Are these just joke listings with million-dollar reserves, and lots of shill accounts?

Isn't this a $120-$150 book in CGC 9.4?

With Marvel, if you have $$$, you can complete runs fairly quickly. Just hit the right contacts and have them look. I would think there are only a few Marvels out there that are truly unavailable. Unlike the GA, or silver DC's, all it takes for silver marvels is lots of cash.

Isn't this a $120-$150 book in CGC 9.4?

No, more like $250-$275 in 9.4.

This is one of the worst examples of shill bidding I think I've seen in here. Not only are both bidders ONLY bidding on HIS auctions and going after his high dollar X-Men books.

But......they are also BOTH going after his TUMI 29" W/SUITER LUGGAGE and his Spiderman #1 Silver Edition CGC MINT 9.9.

Quite a coincidence if you ask me. mad.gif

>No, more like $250-$275 in 9.4.

Well I have some past auction records in the $150 range, as prices came down significantly a few months back. These X-Men 98-100 CGC issues jump around like mad sometimes, depending on how much alcohol is being consumed.

Regardless, did you even check the price? $400+ for a CGC 9.0 and RESERVE NOT MET.

I think that would be right price; if it was the 30 cent variant!

It may be just a case of seller trying to recoup his cost and adding in a bit of profit. Didn't you guys say he bought these for higher than market price back during the X- men movie hype?

Regardless, did you even check the price? $400+ for a CGC 9.0 and RESERVE NOT MET.

Believe me, I'm not arguing with you. I have a couple of records in the $250 range, but in truth, I don't follow bronze X Men much.

I was actually following a couple of auctions in the lower numbers but it's pretty obvious this guys reserves are insane and he is shill bidding to boot. Not sure if I even want to waste my time with a bid. What do you think Clobberintime?

Ericc123

I gave up! Was kind of interested in the 7 and 16 but this thing has passed way beyond the point of credibility. I doubt any of that stuff will meet reserve. Maybe after April 15 the reserves will come down - if some tax problem really is the issue. With stuff like this it is hard to tell.