• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tracking number question from the U.S to Canada Prefix UA?

7 posts in this topic

I have been waiting for a package and since Sept 4th on USPS it has not had a single update then today about a hour ago Canada Post was updated for the very 1st time with this tracking number but the date says Sept 3rd then there is nothing. Anyone have any issues with the new prefix USPS uses (UA) for 1st class mail? Does Canada Post even track the new label?

13 hours ago, SC22 said:

I have been waiting for a package and since Sept 4th on USPS it has not had a single update then today about a hour ago Canada Post was updated for the very 1st time with this tracking number but the date says Sept 3rd then there is nothing. Anyone have any issues with the new prefix USPS uses (UA) for 1st class mail? Does Canada Post even track the new label?

So the scanning event you saw just gave you a date?  It didn't indicate where it was in transit?  Yet you saw this event in Canada Post's online tracking?

Based on the limited info I'd say your package hit one of the international mail centers in Canada if CPC is starting to offer tracking data online - the delay is likely due to Canada Post NOT being interested in tracking each and every Canadian bound USPS package until it gets to them :idea: 
So as of the updating of tracking your package has probably just now been queued up for customs processing which can take a few days to a week largely based on value of your shipment and volume/backlog - the door to door transit time I've experienced from the US for first class varies from 10-19 days including weekends.  

The UA code is a prefix country/service code for Universal Postal Union facilitation, settlement etc...don't worry about it.

7 hours ago, bababooey said:

So the scanning event you saw just gave you a date?  It didn't indicate where it was in transit?  Yet you saw this event in Canada Post's online tracking?

Based on the limited info I'd say your package hit one of the international mail centers in Canada if CPC is starting to offer tracking data online - the delay is likely due to Canada Post NOT being interested in tracking each and every Canadian bound USPS package until it gets to them :idea: 
So as of the updating of tracking your package has probably just now been queued up for customs processing which can take a few days to a week largely based on value of your shipment and volume/backlog - the door to door transit time I've experienced from the US for first class varies from 10-19 days including weekends.  

The UA code is a prefix country/service code for Universal Postal Union facilitation, settlement etc...don't worry about it.

Says it's in transit (so no longer in customs) on Sept 3rd about 2 hours from where I live then nothing since and no package.

Edited by SC22