• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scanners (the Movie)
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have to share this.  Back when I was growing up, the movie Scanners was required viewing for anyone who hoped to hold a nerd card.  Alas those days are gone.

Yet this weekend, my high school age daughter was completely bored, so I asked her if she wanted to watch Scanners, since I'd captured it on my DVR.  She is beginning to trust my taste in Sci-Fi so she agreed and watched it.

I have to tell you, seeing her reaction to the twist ending of the movie was priceless to me.  The ending surprised her. She thought the special effects were dated, but she was still grossed out by them, so I guess they hold up.

To stay on topic...did they ever make a comic book out of Scanners?

Edited by Westy Steve

David Cronenberg goodness.  Don't think they made a comic, but that movie was awesome.

I always imagine that this generation sees those films, like we would see black and white films from our predecessors (i.e. boring), but then again, we had such a limited selection.

Nowadays, this generation has tons of material to watch anywhere and anytime.

Edited by bronze_rules