• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGERS IN PARADISE from XXXX (TBD)
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Terry Moore's 'Strangers in Paradise' Optioned For Film

strangergroupphoto.jpg

Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise has been optioned for a big-screen adaptation, with filmmaker Angela Robinson at the helm.

The long-running comic, which will return for a short engagement in 2018 to celebrate its 25th anniversary, centers on three characters: Katchoo, Francine, and David. The three are living a quiet life in Texas when dark forces from Katchoo's past track her down, hoping to take everything from her, including Francine and David.

“Angela and I have known each other for years and I greatly admire her creative vision.” Moore told Deadline. “From day one our common goal was to bring Strangers In Paradise to the screen. It’s a complex story that took years to write and Angela gets it on every level. I can’t wait to get started.”

“I’ve been wanting to adapt Strangers In Paradise for over a decade, since the first time I read it and couldn’t put it down. Terry Moore writes real female characters with such breathtaking sensitivity,” Robinson said. “With Strangers In Paradise he pulls off the nearly impossible — a sexy, stylish crime story with tons of heart. I look forward to our collaboration.”

Robinson directed Professor Marston And The Wonder Women, an upcoming drama that centers on the life of Wonder Woman creator William Moulton Marston and the women who inspired her personality. The film will be released on October 13.

42 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I like how you put XXXX for the release year.  Seems like we can be pretty confident the first two digits are 20XX. (:

lol

The 'XXXX' is the studio, as they haven't landed one yet. Though Sony has been mentioned. 'TBD' is the release date.

So there!

:foryou: