• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Detective Comics 50
1 1

12 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

So I thought this might be an interesting one to get some opinions on. Will relay the purchase saga after I get some opinions. Thanks. 

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

4.5  After looking at all of the interior stuff and edges. you really have to go back

So I thought this might be an interesting one to get some opinions on. Will relay the purchase saga after I get some opinions. Thanks. 

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

bo

4.5 one has to go back to the front cover  after looking at  so much detail photos and not forget that this book really presents nicely 4.5 IMHO!!

@ThothAmon  The book presents really well, but is it glued along the spine? In the first couple of photos, it looks like we're seeing some sizable spine splits, but in the photos showing the first interior page it looks like that page is 'tight' to the inside front cover. Same with the pic of the last page/inside back cover.

If that's the case, I would unfortunately think the guesses so far are on the high side. Dunno for sure but I'd guess more like 3.0/3.5 range.

Edited by Point Five

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

@ThothAmon  The book presents really well, but is it glued along the spine? In the first couple of photos, it looks like we're seeing some sizable spine splits, but in the photos showing the first interior page it looks like that page is 'tight' to the inside front cover. Same with the pic of the last page/inside back cover.

If that's the case, I would unfortunately think the guesses so far are on the high side. Dunno for sure but I'd guess more like 3.0/3.5 range.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!  Was hoping my photos would provide sufficient detail to make that out.  Probably a completely split front cover that was glued on.  Presents well but PLOD!  Bought off ebay as unrestored for $960 delivered.  After some negotiation received $640 back.  Still paid too much but such is the way of the bay.