• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black marks on inside cover Spawn #1
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Wasn't sure where to post  this...

Has anyone ever seen these marks on the inside front cover of Spawn #1? My brother also has a copy and said his doesn't have these marks. The shine on them looks the same as surrounding black ink, like it happened during printing rather than a previous owner marking the book. The marks also look sort of like an artist did them.

IMG_2855.JPG

11 hours ago, Lobstrosity said:

The books were printed that way. Roughly 50% of the copies printed have "smudges" while the other half do not.

That's interesting. I'm glad my copy doesn't have marker on it. Are there any websites that mention that? Mine is a direct copy. Is it is newsstand copies that don't have the smudges, or do they both have?

Todd Mcfarlane stated that when they were printing this book that they were running @ 50/50 at the beginning. Then when they noticed them they stopped the presses. Then they continued to print with out the printing errors . there is less of the error issues Todd assumes that they may be 40-30 percent of the print run. Therefore there is less of the error issues produced. How much their value is we can just wait and see. Some people state that one is preferable to the other, but who's to say look how much more expensive the Spawn 1 with the UPC is compared to the clean version. Sure there is less of them but the art to me is more important than seeing a UPC ruining the art quality. But hey less print sells more so keep an eye on these at that ratio they probably will be more expensive...Happy Collecting