• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Philadelphia Comic Con - Sunday Oct 1

2 posts in this topic

Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

Date: Sunday, October 1, 2017
Hours: 10am to 4pm
Admission: $3
Location: Clarion Hotel Conference Center (formerly Ramada Philadelphia Airport), 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029
Parking: Free on-site

Special Guests
- Paris Cullins - DC artist on Blue Devil, Blue Beetle, and New Gods
- Sofia Sivan - cosplayer
- Ron Wilson - Marvel artist on The Thing and Marvel Two-In-One

Comic and Collectibles
Over 60 dealer tables provide a huge selection of comic books and related collectibles!  
 - Golden Age Comics
 - Silver Age Comics
 - Bronze Age Comics
 - Modern Comics and the Latest Issues
 - Original Artwork
 - Graphic Novels, Trade Paperbacks and Hardcovers
 - DVDs
 - Japanese Manga
 - Toys and Action Figures
 - Statues and Busts
 - Non-Sportscards

Door Prizes
Hourly door prizes will be given away starting at 11am!  Hold on to your entrance ticket for a chance to win.  You must be present to win.

Directions
The Philadelphia Comic Book Convention is located near the Philadelphia Airport at the Clarion Hotel Conference Center (formerly the Ramada Philadelphia Airport), 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029.

From Southbound I-95 - Take I-95 S to Exit 9A (Essington).  Merge onto 420 S (Wanamaker Ave).  Turn RIGHT onto Industrial Highway.  The Clarion Hotel is on the LEFT side.

From Northbound I-95 - Take I-95 N to Exit 8 (Ridley Park).  Stay to the RIGHT and merge onto S. Stewart Ave.  Turn LEFT onto Industrial Highway.  The Clarion Hotel is on the RIGHT side.

Public Transportation - Accessible by SEPTA Bus Route 37

Google Map to Philadelphia Comic Book Convention  

For Information or Dealers' Tables
Phone: (856) 217-5737
Email: dwoywood@yahoo.com
Official Website:   www.philadelphiacomic-con.com  

Next Show
The next show will be on to be announced.

Edited by RedFury

Posting for Derek...

Just a quick reminder about our last show of 2017.  Going out in style with a huge show
and yet another packed and sold out dealers room!

This Sunday October 1, 2017 from 10 AM to 4 PM.
Admission is only $3 per person.  Held in the Presidential ballroom of the

Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
76 Industrial Highway (Route 291)
Essington, PA 19029

Located between exits 8 and 9A off of I-95.

Special guest cosplayer will be Sofia Sivans.  Were you aware she has an online presence with
more then 200,000 followers?  While I don't expect all 200,000 to show up I am anticipating an
higher upswing then our usual attendance figures.  Don't like crowds then show up in the afternoon
as there are still piles of merchandise to peruse and the first wave of fans are gone by 1 PM.
Ideal time for in depth box diving is between 1 to 4 PM.

Also very special guest artists will be Paris Cullins and Ron Wilson.  Paris is offering a 10%
discount if you pre-order a commission from him before the show.  He would like to get a jump
on things to not disappoint anyone.  He was very busy all day the last show.

If you would like anything from Ron then try to let me know by tonight and I will send on your e-mail requests.

I picked up a pile of The Comic Buyers Guide if anyone remembers that periodical.  Dating back
to 2000.  I did see old adverts for our show which reminded me I haven't raised the admission
price of $3 per person since then.  I don't anticipate me doing it either in the mean time.  Just
wanted to point out that I feel my show is one of the best values in the country for cons.

Besides our great guest list since this is our last show of the year then be prepared for possible
parking issues.  There is a lot behind the hotel for dealers which you can use if the main lot out
front fills up to capacity.

2018 has more comic book goodness in the works.  Our first show will be January 21 of that year.
Mark your calendars.  Then March 4th.  Trying to figure out an April date with our venue. If
nothing (meaning not a single weekend day ) is available then our show would be May 6th
as that so far is the only date they had open in the spring time.

On Facebook?  Then check out PhiladelphiaComicCon and ComicBookShows

Edited by BronzeBruce13