• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Jay Garrick catching on with Millennial Flash fans?

6 posts in this topic

Hoping millennial fans become GA Flash fans is a real stretch I would think. I remember thinking how the original Flash looked completely dated when I was a kid back in the early seventies. I came to appreciate him as an adult but as a kid not so much. I remember we had picked up some real tattered Flash and Wonder Woman books and the art seemed so weird and the Winky Blinky and Nod characters were really wacky.

I do vividly remember seeing an antique dealer at a flea market with a copy of All Flash #1 for $20. back in '71 or '72.  It might as well have been twenty thousand dollars to me at the time. Too bad!

I run into quite a bit of young Flash fans at my LCS 's and am surprised that they all know of jay Garrick and find him "cool".  It's TV show related as I understand he's been a big part of the story line but the recent incarnation of  art work too (Alex Ross--maybe others ?) seems to come up as well. Im not familiar with the Earth 2 story lines and how this plays into comics these days......

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I run into quite a bit of young Flash fans at my LCS 's and am surprised that they all know of jay Garrick and find him "cool".  It's TV show related as I understand he's been a big part of the story line but the recent incarnation of  art work too (Alex Ross--maybe others ?) seems to come up as well. Im not familiar with the Earth 2 story lines and how this plays into comics these days......

Thank you! Good question; I would think if he's truly becoming popular with current storyline/TV series fans, they would gravitate to his silver key first, Flash #123. Eventually, if they stay with it, I would think some would migrate to GA. Treasure trove of relative bargains among Flash Comics, All-Flash, Comic Cavalcade.