• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CC Flash Comics 1 2.5

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know more about the story behind this collector?  This is a fantastic looking copy for the grade.  Any thoughts on price on final hammer?

Never before offered to the general public, these original owner comic books are freshly graded and ready for sale to an astute collector! The original owner purchased these directly from a local variety and drug store in South Carolina, using his personal allowance. He lovingly kept them for about 75 years, eventually in a safe deposit box, and decided recently it was time to let somebody else appreciate and admire these rare babies.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=739504

The original owner is a very nice man who presently lives in NC.  I met him in the late 90s.   The CC story is correct, he did purchase these books in the early 40s off the rack from a store in Greenville, SC.   The AS 3 was the nicest of the bunch.   It was very cool to see his Flash 1 and 2 as well.   

I am no longer surprised by "new finds" of scarce hero books .  In the last few months I've come across people who have "found" the following:

1.  2  Flash 1's

2.  1  AA 16

3.  1 Whiz 2 (1)

Edited by Chicago Boy