• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #48...CGC 9.8
1 1

7 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Riskman Enterprises said:

Bought this issue over twenty years ago...sent it off for grading July 2017, I knew it would grade very high and was very happy to get a CGC 9.8...any idea of value?

20k +- post a pic of it if you don’t mind, it’s one of my favourite issues ?. One sold in the ‘berk’ auction at comicconnect in June for just shy of 25 k, however it’s back on the auction block , so one can speculate that it’s because the buyer fell through as opposed to a flip attempt as it was 5k over fmv at the time. 2 weeks ago 1 sold at comicconnect again for 21k and another sold at comiclink for 17k, however that copy had a front to back miswrap and ow-w  Pq.

if yours has white pages and good cover centering (the ‘m’ clearly visible in marvel and sue storms head completely on the front cover in the box on the upper left of cover) then I’d argue 21-22 k

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

I had a near perfect, 9.6- 9.8 FF48 I bought at a NYC comic con around 1980 for $15 when I was a kid. Kept it in a bag in my parent's home then many years later decided to ship my books out of my parents home to my home. When I opened the shipping box I noticed the upper corner of the cover bent over with a probably 1 cm color breaking crease. I felt so frustrated that I did not care for it more, but I had just gotten back into comics and didn't really know the value of the super high grades. It ended up grading at 9.0. The crease cost me thousands of dollars.