• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Splash Page Acetate help would be appreciated.

6 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I would appreciate any help.  I have a Red Sonja Splash page acetate that I really like. It's not worth much, but I would like to protect and/or display it. There does not appear to be a great top loader for a 12 by 16 1/2 " piece. I could frame it, but I would love other suggestions. Thank you in advance for any help.

Red Sonja Acetate.jpg

Edited by Ron C.

Doubt that you will find much (if any) interest in these types of things on this forum, to be totally honest with you.  Generally, the authenticity of such pieces is open to question as many eBay offerings are highly-likely to be copies the sellers have made.  If you just want your acetate copy for display purposes, a cheap ready-made frame is probably the way to go.

2c

Edited by The Voord

On 10/7/2017 at 8:43 AM, The Voord said:

Doubt that you will find much (if any) interest in these types of things on this forum, to be totally honest with you.  Generally, the authenticity of such pieces is open to question as many eBay offerings are highly-likely to be copies the sellers have made.  If you just want your acetate copy for display purposes, a cheap ready-made frame is probably the way to go.

2c

Thank you for the response.  Yes, I very much understand that this is low (if any) value item.  However, as an add-on to my Red Sonja collection, it's kind of fun.  My question centered on what is the best way to encapsulate a 12 by 16 1/2" piece? Is there a top-loader that might fit this best?

I have the Ultra Pro 11 x 17 top loaders with a blue pigment in them. I'm not certain if they make them in a larger format. The only issue I could potentially see is they tend to have a static cling effect, and so even with illustration board, you have to open up the top loader all the way to the bottom (running your hand gently inside to seperate the two walls of the loader). It seems once you do this, it makes it more amenable to sliding in the art, but my feeling is that acetate could potentially reproduce the cling effect once inside. It might mean you will have to use a backing board to help you be able to slide the acetate sheet in and out easier if needed.