• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - GGA ROMANCE PCH LOVE LUST DESIRE
2 2

27 posts in this topic

Next up... <3

TRUE SECRETS #36 (1956 ATLAS) Grade: Fine  

Fantastic Colletta romance cover with superb interior art.

Super glossy, tight, sharp copy with supple ow/w pages.  Light general wear with light foxing on interior covers.  A press will help the appearance due in-part to slight spine roll.  Small light stain on top right corner area of BC.  100% complete with no restoration.

Asking Price: $150.00 :foryou:

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3178.JPG

IMG_3179.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_3182.JPG

Cannot have a GGA thread without a Baker :whee:

DIARY SECRETS #13 (1952 ST. JOHNS) Classic Matt Baker cover - gray-tone

Grade: VG Minus at least <3

Front cover top section shows more wear near the title area with stains, color and paper loss.  BC is nice with a small stain spot and thus buoys the grade call IMO.  Bottom staple is detached from the FC but the rest of the staples remain tight throughout.  Fairly nice spine with wear on both tips.   Manufacturing bleed-through on interior of FC.  The main GGA image area on the FC remains very glossy.  This is a supple comic with close to white pages.  2 clean staples.  100% complete with no restoration.  

Asking Price on a HTF issue: $------- :devil: SOLD

IMG_3183.JPG

IMG_3184.JPG

IMG_3185.JPG

IMG_3186.JPG

IMG_3187.JPG

IMG_3188.JPG

IMG_3189.JPG

IMG_3191.JPG

Edited by Roger66
SOLD

To quote the prior owner this is an "uber-rare" Canadian comic <3

TRIUMP COMICS #9 (no date nor publisher given but it is circa 1950s - classic Al Feldstein Junior)

Grade: GD/VG at least  Very solid, supple, fairly glossy and tight. Book just has evenly distributed wear on both covers with a 1/2 inch top spine split.  Some staining on back cover.  A press and cleaning would help.  100% complete with no restoration.

Asking Price:  $------ :foryou:  SOLD

IMG_3192.JPG

IMG_3193.JPG

IMG_3194.JPG

IMG_3195.JPG

IMG_3196.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

Edited by Roger66
SOLD

As a dear friend of mine would say when posting a special book...."I don't mind keeping this one."

<3 LOVERS #64 (1954 ATLAS) Classic gray-tone Colletta cover<3

Grade: VF-/VF but with a press I suspect a true Near Mint Minus / NM copy

Book is unreal / a freak.  Feels like it came off the press today.  Trace wear with just a bunch of non-color breaking bends and a slight spine roll on FC with a gorgeous BC.  Super glossy, clean, tight with snow-white interior pages.  Date stamp on top of cover.   100% complete with no restoration.   Superb interior art here. 

Asking Price: $800.00 :devil: (a show and tell book)

IMG_3199.JPG

IMG_3200.JPG

IMG_3201.JPG

IMG_3202.JPG

IMG_3203.JPG

IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

IMG_3206.JPG

IMG_3207.JPG

A coveted Romance comic need neither be a Baker nor LB COLE to motivate / compel the viewer to own it.  This is a prime example of such a captivating cover, which I have only seen once and here it is.

<3TEN-STORY LOVE #3 (1952 ACE)<3 - Artist unknown despite my research

Grade:  Fine Minus/Fine  - Glossy, tight and fairly supple with cr/ow pages.  Some foxing on the interiors and BC.  That chip you see on the bottom edge of the BC is not a chip but a very small piece folded / flapped over (I did not try and push it down and it remains there now).   FC presents higher-grade.  Nice staples and nice spine.   Interesting note about the panel art is there is a lot of dialogue in each panel.   100% complete with no restoration. 

Asking Price:  $300.00 :foryou:

IMG_3209.JPG

IMG_3210.JPG

IMG_3211.JPG

IMG_3212.JPG

IMG_3213.JPG

IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3215.JPG

Edited by Roger66
added to description.