• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MIGHTY CON - DUPAGE COMIC CON 11/11/2017 (CHICAGO)

55 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Have a few more short boxes to go through but so far 17 new boxes of 50 cent books, all previously priced books $10 and up will be discount 50% off, and at least 6 new short boxes of new $1, $3, $5 and $10 and up books will be at the show. I’ll post pics tomorrow/Friday 

$10 books in the 2x$1 boxes??  I can't make it next weekend but you can always sell me a couple short boxes of good stuff - I'll even pay for shipping.:foryou:

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:47 PM, manetteska said:

Family coming over and then some food poisoning this week prevented me from making as much headway as I wanted.

Good news:

• A lot of previously "As Priced" comics are making their way to $1 boxes
  • A lot of previously "Not For Sale" comics are making their way to the show (divided between $1 and As Priced)

Bad news:

• $1 boxes may not be organized
  • May have to commit a selling cardinal sin and have some new back-stock not priced until I get to the show (or someone pulls it to buy it)
  • No pics yet

I spent almost all last night pricing out a new collection since I didn't want to be that guy at tomorrow's con in Akron. 

38 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't think he said that ? Wishful thinking...:baiting:

Ahh - now I see he said they would be half off.  My brain must have filled in the blanks for me.

52 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I spent almost all last night pricing out a new collection since I didn't want to be that guy at tomorrow's con in Akron. 

A new baby takes up a lot of time...

But I think this means, overall, great news for buyers as I need space, don't have time, and find a lot of stuff moving to $1 boxes.

On 11/3/2017 at 12:51 PM, 1Cool said:

I have buckled under self-pressure; doing a mad-dash of pricing and organizing the next two nights to be ready.

49 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I have buckled under self-pressure; doing a mad-dash of pricing and organizing the next two nights to be ready.

That's funny.  I ended up running out of steam and didn't price a short box of books and things worked out ok.  I did have a couple people ask about a price on a book but it was rare since it was only 100 books out of a couple thousand.

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

That's funny.  I ended up running out of steam and didn't price a short box of books and things worked out ok.  I did have a couple people ask about a price on a book but it was rare since it was only 100 books out of a couple thousand.

I expect 100% sell-through so everything needs a price. ;)

Just now, manetteska said:

I expect 100% sell-through so everything needs a price. ;)

Oh believe me - it doesn't need a price on it for it to sell if it's cheap enough. 

It has happened -- thanks to a lot of help from my wife.

All 50% off books are priced and sorted.

14 short boxes total:

• 1 box of free comics
  • 6 boxes of $1 comics (these will become 2/$1 at some point during the show)
  • 5 1/2 boxes of 50% off
  • 1 1/4 boxes of JSC + Hughes ($3 ea)
  • 1/4 boxes of wall books (20% off)
  • Additional random GA and wall books that are too wide for the shortboxes