• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cgc label

41 posts in this topic

I was in the marketplace, and I was reading about burntboys upcoming sale. Anyway, I was thinking......it would be nice if you could have information about the comic printed on the label. Like "from the collection of burntboy"

This obviously doesnt apply to pedigrees, but think about it, it's your comic and if you want to pay a little extra for a tag line, why not. cgc would get the extra five bucks, you get your comic immortalized, and if the next owner didn't like it, he could have it reholdered. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was in the marketplace, and I was reading about burntboys upcoming sale. Anyway, I was thinking......it would be nice if you could have information about the comic printed on the label. Like "from the collection of burntboy"

This obviously doesnt apply to pedigrees, but think about it, it's your comic and if you want to pay a little extra for a tag line, why not. cgc would get the extra five bucks, you get your comic immortalized, and if the next owner didn't like it, he could have it reholdered. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That already happens. From the Dallas Stephens Collection... From the Nicholas Cage Collection... etc. etc. etc.

I think he means on a personal level. Not a massive collection. But if you send in a submission and it was your original book or what not you can have it discreetly say "Kiltmans Book" or whatever. A nice idea but could get tedious if you dont like that kind of thing.

I think he means on a personal level. Not a massive collection. But if you send in a submission and it was your original book or what not you can have it discreetly say "Kiltmans Book" or whatever. A nice idea but could get tedious if you dont like that kind of thing.

That would be even worse that the set-up that exists now frustrated.gif

That would be even worse that the set-up that exists now frustrated.gif

Yeah, i can see a nice personal touch side of it. But then there is the full horror of what would actually happen foreheadslap.gif

I actually like the idea. I'm all for having the label state from who's collection the comic is originally from. CGC could charge an additional amount for this service. They are your books from your collection, so why not. This is just another reason why I'm all for having different color labels for pedigree books. Right now ya got labels saying "From the collection of..." and ya got "Mile High" both on the same color label. A different color for "pedigree" would distinguish the pedigree from the "collection of" books. So I don't see this as some big deal that will confuse everyone. I think it would be an improvement that would bring in more money for CGC and make a lot of collectors happy seeing thier collection named on a label. It would also help in the history of a comic. Kind of a tracking history of who's collection the comic would be in next. CGC could set a presedent in the collecting world by doing this. I think this is a great idea.

I actually like the idea. I'm all for having the label state from who's collection the comic is originally from. CGC could charge an additional amount for this service. They are your books from your collection, so why not. This is just another reason why I'm all for having different color labels for pedigree books. Right now ya got labels saying "From the collection of..." and ya got "Mile High" both on the same color label. A different color for "pedigree" would distinguish the pedigree from the "collection of" books. So I don't see this as some big deal that will confuse everyone. I think it would be an improvement that would bring in more money for CGC and make a lot of collectors happy seeing thier collection named on a label. It would also help in the history of a comic. Kind of a tracking history of who's collection the comic would be in next. CGC could set a presedent in the collecting world by doing this. I think this is a great idea.

Where do you draw the line though? If you are talking about original owner collections that's fine. But books like the collection of Nicolas Cage were collected piece-meal from all over the place. How does CGC distiguish the difference?

As far as the history angle goes...how do you relable a book that is flipped every other month as a lot of high grade keys seem to be? Do we list everyone who has ever owned the book on the label??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Go down to your local printer and have some stickers made up saying "XYZ's collection" and stick them on back of the slab near the top were it doesn't interfer with seeing the back of the book.

Instant Pedigree!

People just love those stickers on slabs... poke2.gif

*sarcasm*

I actually like the idea. I'm all for having the label state from who's collection the comic is originally from

Well reign in your horses, there, pardner. Someone who has bought an older book from a dealer etc. - well - that is not the collection the book is originally from.

However...

Kind of a tracking history of who's collection the comic would be in next

Thinking far into the future, I like the concept. I really love the idea of where a book has been. Even though most of the cgc submissions would be one or several generations removed from the true original owner - well - at least we have the START of a trace and many years from now it may be pretty interesting to see the various collectors who had the book. Of course the label section of the slab may have to be increased in size to fit it all, or use teeny type.

But wait! We are in the computer age. A database containing this information. Can look it up online.

I am being a titch tongue in cheek but actually? It WOULD be an intriquiing thing.

I think a different colour label for pedigree books is a good idea. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll second that.

I'll third that 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll Fouth it. bumpit.gif Any color ideas for a Pedigree label. Black Maybe.

I'm completely opposed to the idea. A run of a title in my collection will have pedigree and non-pedigree books interspersed. Different colors will break up the uniformity of appearance from having just one color.

I think a different colour label for pedigree books is a good idea. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll second that.

I'm completely opposed to the idea. A run of a title in my collection will have pedigree and non-pedigree books interspersed. Different colors will break up the uniformity of appearance from having just one color.

And would you have a different color for restored pedigrees? What about qualified pedigrees?

Where oh where does one draw the line??? tongue.gif

I'll second that.

Thats the exact colour i was thinking! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll second that.

And would you have a different color for restored pedigrees? What about qualified pedigrees?

Where oh where does one draw the line??? tongue.gif

Thats a good point, but they could always keep the qualified green and the PLOD's and just mention the pedigree as they do now. And make the CGC "Pedigree" with whatever colour of label is best. I like the idea poke2.gif