• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bigger SA Key: Batman 121 or Amazing Spider-Man 14?
1 1

Bigger SA key: Batman 121 or Amazing Spider-Man 14  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger SA key: Batman 121 or Amazing Spider-Man 14

• Batman 121
    • Amazing Spider-Man 14
    • Undecided/don't know

43 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2017 at 3:57 PM, Foolkiller said:

I love Batman 121 but even if a 9.2 appeared in today's market or even a 9.4, we're talking maybe a $60k maybe a 70k book on a great day.  

ASM 14 is and remains in every way the superior key.  Yes, there's a lot in 9.6 (a big find a number of years back) but the Green Goblin remains one of the most important villains of all time.  Mr. Freeze?  *yawn*

While I agree that ASM 14 is the bigger key, I would not be surprised to see a 9.4 Batman #121 hit $80-100k currently with the way Batman keys and classic villain covers are trending right now. The book is extremely tough in high grade and unless one of the 9.2s or 9.0s on the census can be "upgraded", it would likely sit as the top census copy for a while.

It is frustrating right now with Batman keys and classic villain covers - bidding 2X last GPA from earlier in the year does not guarantee an auction win on a lot of the books I have been chasing. lol

Edited by kimik

See I’m more of a batman fan than a Spider-Man fan, I was trying to do the first silver age appearance of the villains and had to buy my 121, it was and still rising in price. 121 is very rare compared to most books, especially in high grade, book really comes up for sale and when it does usually it sells quick. I can never afford the 1st appeanrce of the joker, maybe the golden age appearance of the penguin or two face , but my 121 is next in line for 1st appearances 

On 10/31/2017 at 2:36 AM, lou_fine said:

Sure, Batman 121 is probably a "cooler" book, but definitely not as thunderous as Batman 127 where we see Thor the Thundergod way before JIM 83 even crosses Stan Lee's mind.  :devil:

I just looked up Batman #127 and man that is crazy! Thor the Thundergod! Marvel, the house of (stolen) ideas. LOL!!

Edited by thedude