• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants Marvel Graphic Novel 4 1st Printing

3 posts in this topic

This a high res scan of my new mutants graphic novel 4 first print.  Can experts on here please grade it and tell me if it is worth getting pressed, graded, and slabbed at cgc?  If pressing is advised how much would the pressing bring the grade up by?

IMG_4646.JPG

IMG_4647.JPG

Experienced amateur not expert, but my vote is NO press, NO slab, and imo grade would be around right in the middle, VGF 5.0. 

Maybe a 5.5 as is, and probably the back could be cleaned up and pressed into no nicer than a sold FN 6.0., but maybe not with that long crease back cover along spine and front wear at the open edge.  Plus the top's cut off so that's a mystery area.

Another amateur here, but I concur with grebal.  I don't recommend slabbing this one.  Appears to be a lot of surface wear that has removed the black, and I don't expect that pressing would fix that.  The corners I can see are blunted and/or creased; lots of edge wear in the edges that are visible in the scan.  And there's those horizontal creases on the front left edge near the bottom of the "M" in the logo.

This is a reader copy, but that's perfect for enjoying that sweet Bob McLeod artwork.