• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone identify these two pages?

5 posts in this topic

This first leaf is page 8/9 from an early Tex Thompson story.  I believe it's either from Action Comics 2, 3, or 4.

There's a character named Gorrah, Tex Thompson, and Ali.  Tex mentions "The Sealed City".

I checked the GCD and got that it's probably Action 2, 3, or 4 but if anyone can narrow it down further that would be great

P1130930.JPG

P1130929.JPG

Edited by gadzukes

20 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

OK, I think they're both from Action 17

I of course don't have any of the issues and don't have time to look through these but if you look at the DC Wiki Database it may give you a clue.  Here is the link to issue #2

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Comics_Vol_1_2

Below is the type of synopsis you can get for each each story and this one is the first page of the Sealed City in issue #2 and I believe ran for 3 total chapters through issue #4.  Of course it may not be helpful at all lol 

Good luck.

Appearing in Tex Thomson: "The Sealed City (Part I)"
Featured Characters:

Tex Thomson
Supporting Characters:

Bob Daley (First appearance)
Villains:

The One-Eyed Gorrah (First appearance)
Other Characters:

Daroka (First appearance)
Locations:

Earth-Two
The Sealed City
Synopsis for Tex Thomson: "The Sealed City (Part I)"
Tex and his new friend Bob Daley outfit an expedition to find a city sealed by a volcanic eruption in the uncharted region of Yukatrasia. Scouting ahead of their camp, Tex and Bob find the mark of the lost city: a Maltese cross within a diamond. A knife slams into a nearby tree with a note attached with the same symbol. The note says to leave now or consequences may follow. Examining the mark on the mountainside, Bob touches the center of the symbol, unwittingly opening a cave door. The two adventurers travel into the cave, walking through an area filled with trees. All the while they are observed by a one-eyed man who calls his servant, Doroka, to greet the travelers. Doroka confronts Tex and Bob, but they cannot understand his language. The servant pulls a knife and Tex kicks it away. Their fight is stopped by a beamed message, which leads them into a home. They are greeted by the one-eyed man who calls himself the Gorrah. He leads them to their rooms and invites them to dinner. The pair seat themselves at the dinner table, while the Gorrah declares this will be an evening they will never forget.