• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Mel Rubi fans????

3 posts in this topic

Good evening everybody,

I bought a stack of drawings this weekend at a swap meet here in San Diego. I tried doing some research on who the artist could be and found artist Mel Rubi. These would be his pre-pro work, I know he currently lives in California and the dates on the signatures sort of fit his timeline. 

- first got hired in 86/87 from silver wolf comics, then a week later they go out of business.

- finally got hired by Marvel and Valiant at wondercon in 1993

Obviously his skills have gotten a lot better these days and he's got the fancy signature now, but his silly cartoonish art looks similar to what I have. Included is a Star Trek spoof, Blake's 7, and a Star Trek dog spoof.

So guys, am I reaching???? Or do I have a case????

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

7 hours ago, Mailman_Comics said:

Good evening everybody,

I bought a stack of drawings this weekend at a swap meet here in San Diego. I tried doing some research on who the artist could be and found artist Mel Rubi. These would be his pre-pro work, I know he currently lives in California and the dates on the signatures sort of fit his timeline. 

So guys, am I reaching???? Or do I have a case????

You should reach out to him - he has a website, Facebook page, dealer rep, etc. all easily accessible online.

Just from what you've told us, though, I'd put a small wager down that it's not him.

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

You should reach out to him - he has a website, Facebook page, dealer rep, etc. all easily accessible online.

Just from what you've told us, though, I'd put a small wager down that it's not him.

Thanks brother, I will attempt to do that. :wishluck: