• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kill the Minotaur by Cantamessa, Pasetto, Beaulieu & Ketner

3 posts in this topic

The sixth and (potentially) final issue of this book is due out this month. In my continuing effort to promote more talk about actual comics and stories, I figured I would ask if anyone else here has checked it out? As is more and more usual for most creator owned minis, it hasn't set the world on fire numbers wise, but it did pick up a movie option from Universal and it does have great art by Lukas Ketner as well as a weird sort of popcorn-y John Carpenter's The Thing meets The Myth of Theseus story line. I've been a big fan of Lukas' since I picked up my first Witch Doctor comic, so this book was an easy definite 'read' for me from day one just based on that.

I'd guess that anyone that enjoys monster movies, or sci-fi & fantasy with an interesting setting, would likely enjoy the book.

Edited by SquareChaos

I missed out on this and didn’t think about it until prices had gone up too high for me.  I’m really interested in reading it.   I teach 6th grade and we always read a version of this story during the school year.  Just makes me curious and provides a cool little connection for me.  Plus, myths and monsters are always awesome!

10 hours ago, Jonnywadd said:

I missed out on this and didn’t think about it until prices had gone up too high for me.  I’m really interested in reading it.   I teach 6th grade and we always read a version of this story during the school year.  Just makes me curious and provides a cool little connection for me.  Plus, myths and monsters are always awesome!

The trade is out sometime in February. The book is pretty gory and graphic (as the actual myth can be depending on your imagination), I bet kids would love it, but part of that would be because it isn't age appropriate. So while I can't recommend it for a 6th grade class I can recommend it for a 6th grade teacher lol