• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just picked up this Avengers #2

39 posts in this topic

av2f.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

av2b.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I sold my original (along with alot of others w BB cards) when I needed money to buy a house from a divorce back in '87. Finally got one back. The purchase is subject to approval for $200. If you guys don't think it's around a 6.0 or 7.0 I may be over spending. confused-smiley-013.gif

Insignificant dent FC just to the right side of the banner saying "armed with a fantastic power". Dirt or some kind of residue in the "G" in AVENGERS can't feel it though. Tiny piece missing from BCLL

I looked at the scans and came up with a 6.5/7.0 before I read your comments. Take my grading for what it's worth.....currently tied for 9th or somewhere around there, in the competition. Nice eye appeal.

Nef,

It looks at least a 6.0 (if it's complete) - be sure to count the pages. I think you picked up a nice copy! Congrats. thumbsup2.gif

I think you have a little tape residue in that "G". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-divad

Where are your scans hosted? They're blocked at my office for some reason and get access to most blocked sites because I'm an admin. If you let me know the host I can get the address unblocked.

Nef,

It looks at least a 6.0 (if it's complete) - be sure to count the pages. I think you picked up a nice copy! Congrats. thumbsup2.gif

I think you have a little tape residue in that "G". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-divad

Thanks David, One to go for the complete run 1-402, 1-13, 0-84 plus all annuals thumbsup2.gif

Without the goop on the G it looks like an easy 7.0. Even with it I can't see calling it less than a 6.0 - It might be worth seeing if it can be removed without damaging the comic. Do early Avengers sell at or near guide in mid-grade?

Looks like about a Fine 6.0 to me. If the residue in the G can be dry cleaned off, maybe 6.5.

Thanks, What exactly is dry cleaning? and can it be done by an amateur? smile.gif

Without the goop on the G it looks like an easy 7.0. Even with it I can't see calling it less than a 6.0 - It might be worth seeing if it can be removed without damaging the comic. Do early Avengers sell at or near guide in mid-grade?

Of late, I've been seeing them hold strong and even move up some according to GPA. Actually the 6.0 is lagging and I'd expect it to go up the next time there's one listed. smile.gif

Looks like about a Fine 6.0 to me. If the residue in the G can be dry cleaned off, maybe 6.5.

Thanks, What exactly is dry cleaning? and can it be done by an amateur? smile.gif

Dry cleaning is erasure or mechanical (in other words, using a tool such as a microspatula rather than cleaning with chemicals) removal of smudges, dirt, and soiling. If you can scrape the dirt off without damaging the color underneath it, or use a white art eraser to (VERY LIGHTLY) try to erase it off, you will have dry cleaned the book. CGC does not consider dry cleaning to be restoration. But if you accidentally erase part of the ink under the dirt, it'll be considered a defect.

Of late, I've been seeing them hold strong and even move up some according to GPA. Actually the 6.0 is lagging and I'd expect it to go up the next time there's one listed. smile.gif

Sounds like a keeper then.

is erasure considered resto if it removes most of the ink as well (for example, erasing away a stamp and erasing the ink as well)?

Yes, reeeeeeeeeealy BAD resto! Amateur!!! sumo.gif

If you have to ask . . . don't try it. sumo.gif five will get you twenty that the goop is best left alone!!! 893whatthe.gif

is erasure considered resto if it removes most of the ink as well (for example, erasing away a stamp and erasing the ink as well)?

Yes, reeeeeeeeeealy BAD resto! Amateur!!! sumo.gif

I don't think it's considered restoration in the sense that the book will get a purple label. It does cause damage to the book ad will be factored into the grade.

No.