• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Comic Moves in Slab. Normal?

8 posts in this topic

I had a similar book with the same issue, and I was told that it had to do with the size of the comic and the older cases. You could always get it reslabbed.

I actually have two different books with the same issue right now, I’m thinking of getting them reslabbed.

19 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

I had a similar book with the same issue, and I was told that it had to do with the size of the comic and the older cases. You could always get it reslabbed.

I actually have two different books with the same issue right now, I’m thinking of getting them reslabbed.

It is a modern age comic (late 80s) in the slab that was prior to the new thick ones.

On 11/13/2017 at 8:39 PM, rogue14 said:

How much is it to reslab? I’m assuming it will come back in the newer slab regardless of what slab it was originally encased in correct?

While 15.00 sounds cheap, the biggest cost of getting a book reslabbed is the shipping charges both ways. I think all of you are being silly. 1st, it is perfectly normal for the book to move around slightly. It actually safeguards the book from damage. You need that wiggle room. 2nd, you may get it reslabbed only to have the same problem. There is also the risk of handling, shipping type damage to the book . Save your money and spend it on new books !

On 11/21/2017 at 3:57 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

While 15.00 sounds cheap, the biggest cost of getting a book reslabbed is the shipping charges both ways. I think all of you are being silly. 1st, it is perfectly normal for the book to move around slightly. It actually safeguards the book from damage. You need that wiggle room. 2nd, you may get it reslabbed only to have the same problem. There is also the risk of handling, shipping type damage to the book . Save your money and spend it on new books !

Good to know. I was not sure if the movement was a defect. Thanks for the info!