• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Moderns in the future....

24 posts in this topic

I think in 20 years the hobby will be far from dead. I think as long as Marvel and DC are around as companies, they will be producing comics. Let's face it, even now, comics are not where the money is. Licensing of characters, film and other media are what pays the bills. Producing comics is more of a tradition than a profit maker. However that tradition is very important to the health and well-being of its characters. Its what molds the mythology. I think the recent popularity in the movie industry has helped to solidify the future of comics. It shows how much society connects with the characters. I don't believe the printed page will disappear anytime soon because I think people to hold something in their hand rather than look at a computer screen. I think comics will be produced for a long while.