• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Auction Alert - Daredevil 7

7 posts in this topic

I know there have been some threads about the seller all_things_comics on here before, but just wanted to let people know about this auction (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-7-Vol-1-Near-Perfect-High-Grade-Classic-Subby-vs-DD-1st-Red-Costume/401435039019?hash=item5d7764952b:g:6j0AAOSwIJlZ-4Pk) in case.

The seller all_things_comics purchased a copy of Daredevil 7 from me in a restored label about a month ago (https://www.ebay.com/itm/253220040888?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649) before I knew about his history of scamming. Now he has put up a listing of Daredevil 7 which I am 99% sure is the same book with a press and some color touch added. In the description there is a mention of the color touch, but nothing about trimming, which is what the original restoration on the book was.

Last we he sold an ASM 50 (one of his specialties apparently) at $427 for the copy that he bought from me two months earlier for 160.  After the cost of the restoration he does ok.  Suckers and restoration-friendly-collectors buy his stuff and his high-count feedback is 'flawless'.  I blocked him from my listings (not that I have much else for his ilk) because I think he's the second worst kind of sleazebucket (the first obviously the outright thief, is worse than the trickster).

His sale as "super high grade"

Mine sold in Sept as a low VG

1 hour ago, grebal said:

Last we he sold an ASM 50 (one of his specialties apparently) at $427 for the copy that he bought from me two months earlier for 160.  After the cost of the restoration he does ok.  Suckers and restoration-friendly-collectors buy his stuff and his high-count feedback is 'flawless'.  I blocked him from my listings (not that I have much else for his ilk) because I think he's the second worst kind of sleazebucket (the first obviously the outright thief, is worse than the trickster).

His sale as "super high grade"

Mine sold in Sept as a low VG

Someone knowingly paid $427 for that mangled piece of junk. Amateur CT and glue, and trimmed on all three sides, and it was disclosed. 

Unreal. Suckers is right.