• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink questions

6 posts in this topic

Hi -

After dabbling with selling comics on Ebay for a while, I'm thinking of trying out CL. The fees on Ebay are certainly a part of the decision, but the rather scary policies (that make it pretty easy for a seller to get ripped off) is the bigger factor.

I'm hoping someone with ComicLink experience can answer a few questions for me ...
-Compared to Ebay, how many bidders/buyers does CL reach?
-I've never heard of sellers getting scammed on CL, but does it happen?
-Regarding the fees, what are they? (Let's say a book sells for $100, what do I get?)
-And the biggest question, is this a smart move?

Thanks,
Mike

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Hi -

After dabbling with selling comics on Ebay for a while, I'm thinking of trying out CL. The fees on Ebay are certainly a part of the decision, but the rather scary policies (that make it pretty easy for a seller to get ripped off) is the bigger factor.

I'm hoping someone with ComicLink experience can answer a few questions for me ...
-Compared to Ebay, how many bidders/buyers does CL reach?

Ebay has more bidders but I find the ComicLink bidders are very aggressive especially for the highest graded copies or rare books.

-I've never heard of sellers getting scammed on CL, but does it happen?

You as the seller can not be scammed since ComicLink holds the books until they receive payment.

-Regarding the fees, what are they? (Let's say a book sells for $100, what do I get?)

You get 90% of the final bid price and they keep 10%.

-And the biggest question, is this a smart move?

I personally like to set a BIN on E-Bay and have the book wait for a good offer and have lost my shirt with ComicLink on several modern and less desirable books compared to similar sales on E-Bay.  I like to use ComicLink if the books are really rare or I just really want to move a bunch of books.  No really right answer and I'd recommend sending in 10 books and see how they do.  Maybe send a few to ComicLink and a few to ComicConnect and keep some on E-Bay.  See which one nets you the most money

Thanks,
Mike

Edited by 1Cool

On 11/25/2017 at 6:54 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

I like CL for a few reasons. Mainly, it relieves me of any headaches. They handle listing, payment collection, and shipping. I don't have to worry about knockheads and bad feedback. They do all the customer service. 1cool makes  a good point about which books you send them.

My comic shop does good on moderns.  Same thing, you get e-Bay exposure with out the customer service hassles. I believe they are 10 percent as well.