• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM AF #15

10 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I posted this prob a year ago and asked your opinion. I finally going to send it(along with a few others) in for grading after the new year

Spidey left foot seem to be painted glossy red.  was this color touch? the side look pretty clean(trimmed?).  I'm afraid this might come back non-blue label. 

I bought this in the mid-80's so I'm sure I'm ahead of the ball game. 

your thoughts please

Thanks all.  Appreciate it

Warren

Amazing Fantasy #15(front) (1).jpg

Amazing Fantasy #15(back) (1).jpg

Yeah, it looks like someone experimented with some color touch on the foot.  But you never know.  It's technically in great shape so you really need to have it evaluated by a pro to know what your best options are for it.

I'm thinking 5.5 to maybe even 6.0.  fingers crossed that it is unrestored

52 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I am more inclined to think that the right foot was covered up by a sticker or something that was on the bag the book was in while exposed to sunlight that caused the fading.

Yeah, the yellow box below the foot is less faded than the others. Same for buildings.

Edited by Gotham Kid

so, it might be that there was not color touch or attempt at coloring?  either way, its a defect that will bring down the grade.  but one is more critical than the other.  It is what it is.  when it comes back ill send out an update on what CGC graded and comments/notes.

Thanks guys.  appreciate the comments/advice

22 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I am more inclined to think that the right foot was covered up by a sticker or something that was on the bag the book was in while exposed to sunlight that caused the fading.

Also notice that the very top of the red in the "colored" ankle is NOT colored.  If someone was CTing the foot, why would they not finish that little part by the calf?  I'm thinking this is a classic case of something laying on top of part of the comic while it sat in the sun, or like Artboy said...covered by a sticker on the mylar.