• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Team Up 141 cover - Art Adams

4 posts in this topic

I swear I did see it one time over the years, but that's going back.  

If memory serves, that was only the second published appearance of the black suit (first being ASM 252 of course)!  I still vividly remember seeing that as it was put on the racks on new comic day and we were all still shocked by the new costume!  Still have my copy somewhere.  

And, if I'm not mistaken, Transformers #3 was the third published appearance.

Edit:  Sorry, sorry - it was the cover to 140 I saw!  Didn't mean to get your hopes up!  They are both kind of similar and feature the same characters - my bad.  

Edited by Flambit
clairfication

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, Flambit said:

If memory serves, that was only the second published appearance of the black suit (first being ASM 252 of course

This was released the same week as ASM 252 I believe and technically ties as the first appearance.  There were 3/4 Spidey titles - MTU and ASM came out together, Spectacular and Web 2 weeks later...I think.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, Infamouspure22 said:

Hi.  Has anyone seen the original art for the MTU 141 cover?  I'm not speaking of the unfinished version on the back of the Art Adams black suited Spidey on Romitaman's site.

I owned the MTU 141 pencil prelim (the one you mention currently at Romitaman site) until 200x.  I remember inquiring as to the finished version when I bought the piece (mid/late 90's) and was told it was in a private collection and probably wouldn't see the light of day, but nothing else was disclosed or offered.  I can't recall as to exactly whom I spoke with when I purchased, they were in the SF area, and seemed to know the Adams/Chin/etc crew rather well (they had a studio name I think)....  Sigh...those were the days you could scoop something like this off of ebay due to Black Spidey as the item title for $305 with a last second bid...