• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Comics' "NM" DareDevil 43 (Captain America Kirby cover)

What should I do?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

32 posts in this topic

It's sad when you cannot even trust a well known dealer when buying raw.....

sad indeed....

Thats why I only buy graded comics-I to have been burned too many times...

except when the dealer is "well-known" not for being a tight grader or great guy to do business with!!

I had a similar experience when buying a high(er) grade FF #83 from NewKadia. I'd ordered from them before and been pleased with what I got for the price paid, but in this particular case the above mentioned comic arrived with a 1/4" tear in the top-middle of the front cover that was actually folded over on each side when the comic was bagged. An obvious defect on a comic with a supposed VF grading (by their standards at least). Probably the most disappointing aspect of the deal was that their customer service department never replied to my e-mail asking what could be done. I would have been willing to return it or send a photo of the unopened comic (theirs are all sealed with stickers containing their grading specifics), showing the damage happened on their end, but after no response on their end I'll probably just keep it and chalk this one up to a bad comic buying experience. Needless to say I'm hesitant to ever buy from them again.

I still say its important to define exactly what you are buying - if its in the last 20 years, Mile High is a great option considering you can get 25% discount on a 80 cent comic with free shipping (if you buy enough).

Older, go somewhere else but i buy a lot from '75 up so there is a place for Mile High in my buying.

I do read Batman, as far as moderns go, and ocassionally Spider-Man,

I am a horror comic fanatic though -

but I do not buy slabbed moderns-though some Valiants are tempting....

which is odd because most collectors will tell you that Valiants are either under valued or extremely over valued-depending on who you ask...

You are right to avoid modern slabs - i have a few i like but keep it down - ASM 36 vol2 for example, but i avoid them generally (though i have a few FF as i can't resist).

which is odd because most collectors will tell you that Valiants are either under valued or extremely over valued-depending on who you ask...

Over valued... hi.gifsmirk.gif

Jim

foreheadslap.gif