• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Traditional directors that dislike superhero productions
2 2

83 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2023 at 2:04 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I find it a little funny that the Glitterati brow-beat and look down on comic book movies - which not only helped prop up their hilariously self-indulgent and glorified masturbatory profession - but gave people insane paychecks for running around doing other-worldly activities for the purpose of entertainment.

Do these imbeciles not understand that comic book movies are simply a differently-dressed action movie? Or gangster movie? Let me see:

1. Good guy who triumphs over bad guy. Check.

or

2. Bad guy who triumphs over other bad guys. Check.

or

3. The story about a bunch of people taking matters into their own hands with no regard to authority. Check.

I could go on and parallel practically any movie that involves action or weapons to a comic book movie. Scorsese may think he's got the 'What I Make Is Cool, What You Make Sucks' ground - but last I checked, Goodfellas and The Boys stand on equal moral ground in character development, with the only determining difference being one cast wears expensive Italian shoes.

Another glaring example of idiotic Hollywood hypocrisy. I imagine for an encore, they'll make another "guns are bad" commercial featuring actors who use guns in movies. :eyeroll:

Well thought out PoV. Respect. Now let's get those bad girl comics onto the movie scene.

Lady Death,Shi and Vampirella. 

I been waiting bro. I stocked up on their comic books. Lol