• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hottest comics.?

6 posts in this topic

Question is likely too vague. But if you think a book is keep-at-all-costs then you should probably keep those.  Probably should do a few google searches first and get some background for yourself, then ask more specific questions about specific books. 

Otherwise the question reads sort of like this: "Hi, I just moved to Philadelphia, and I like food.  What are your opinions on meat?"  Certainly you might get a useful answer, but there's a much greater chance you don't.

6 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

selling my collection, but curious about opinions on the keep-at-all-costs mags from silver& bronze age. thanks.

If you are selling your collection, then there isn't any "keep-at-all-costs" in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

selling my collection, but curious about opinions on the keep-at-all-costs mags from silver& bronze age. thanks.

It’s up to you: what you should keep are issues or runs that are meaningful/useful to you or that you are affectioned to.

Well, you may want to cherry pick your own collection.  Start with the movies from Netflix out recently.  These instill the characters to the collectors out there.  And, typically the first appearances shoot up.  So, look for those and think about holding them back for a short while and look them up periodically to see what they're doing.  Use someone like My Comic Shop to get a hint of what is going on with the demand, it's a pretty good site to check that out on.  Of course you could also hit Ebay and other comic sites too.  It take some work on your part to make informed decisions.  Next, don't just sell to sell but look around at what is in demand and filter those out for current sell off.  If you're like everyone else you probably have many comics that just aren't in demand and will sell better in "lots" for those looking for an inexpensive and fun read.  "Lots" seem to sell higher than individual books that aren't in demand.  This is the readers vs the cherry pickers for number ones, first appearances and good characters like Spidey, Hulk, Avengers, Batman, Marvel Specials, DC Specials, Variants to name just a few.  I agree you've asked a pretty open ended question on the subject so you won't get anything worth while until you ask about a very specific book or run or comic hero(s) or heroine(s).  Some female stars are up and coming too.  Good luck in your quest!

12 hours ago, GarBear said:

Well, you may want to cherry pick your own collection.  Start with the movies from Netflix out recently.  These instill the characters to the collectors out there.  And, typically the first appearances shoot up.  So, look for those and think about holding them back for a short while and look them up periodically to see what they're doing.  Use someone like My Comic Shop to get a hint of what is going on with the demand, it's a pretty good site to check that out on.  Of course you could also hit Ebay and other comic sites too.  It take some work on your part to make informed decisions.  Next, don't just sell to sell but look around at what is in demand and filter those out for current sell off.  If you're like everyone else you probably have many comics that just aren't in demand and will sell better in "lots" for those looking for an inexpensive and fun read.  "Lots" seem to sell higher than individual books that aren't in demand.  This is the readers vs the cherry pickers for number ones, first appearances and good characters like Spidey, Hulk, Avengers, Batman, Marvel Specials, DC Specials, Variants to name just a few.  I agree you've asked a pretty open ended question on the subject so you won't get anything worth while until you ask about a very specific book or run or comic hero(s) or heroine(s).  Some female stars are up and coming too.  Good luck in your quest!

Thanks GarBear,,appreciate the input