• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAP#13 for the bargain price of $182,090.00 for real
1 1

25 posts in this topic

There is a new GA Player in town, called Hollywoodmemorabila.com . Go to the departments and click on COMICS  and they have cap 10 at 127 K, Cap 12 at 91K and lot of CGC GA. interesting is if you click off and go back, it lowers the price a little..try it might just be me...strange.....a lot of great books here, but the PRICE...what do you think?

Edited by Mmehdy

I assume the price is set to reduce like that on purpose.    The idea being you walked away at 100k, maybe you won't walk away at 90k, or 80k, etc.

Trying to get the max you will pay that way.

Edited by Bronty

31 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I am seriously thinking about that Daredevil 1, CGC 0.5, only just over $3200  :insane:

Perhaps they are learning to read the Overstreet, as SA DD #1 is not same as GA Daredevil Comics #1 in wishful :wishluck: valuation or they just list everything starting at 10x guide.

There's a thread about these clowns in Comics General.  A large portion of their CGC books are also listed on eBay by seller pristinecomics-pristineccg, for roughly half the asking price at hollywoodmemorabilia.  I don't know if anyone ever figured out what the connection is between the two though.

Here it is:  

Edited by mattn792
Add link

You can save 82K buying the same comic on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-AMERICA-COMICS-13-CGC-9-4-SINGLE-HIGHEST-GRADED-CGC-1557740004-/253102503003

It seems a lot of their high dollar books are being sold by this same seller as well. Maybe the do commissions, or just buy the stuff off the seller to flip it, if anyone is dumb enough to pay their asking price.

Just FYI - I engaged with them on the live chat.  I was "hung up on"  when asking why thier prices were so high, they answered they are graded and signed.  Told them how thier prices are many multiples of market.  Continued with asking if they were affiliated with pristinecomics-pristineccg in which they responded no.  I followed-up by asking why then are they listing thier items for sale.  At that point they ended the chat.  I encourage you all (that have a few minutes) to ruffle thier feathers via the online chat.

I'm not going to waste their time on the phone and I don't think others should either.     If we don't like the price, we can move on, just like with overpriced ebay listings.

Edited by Bronty

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

I'm not going to waste their time on the phone and I don't think others should either.     If we don't like the price, we can move on, just like with overpriced ebay listings.

Not wasting your time is certainly fair, but (bleep) their time.  The denial of affiliation to pristine smacks of a scamola.