• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How difficult is it to find HG DC Whitman Variants?

2 posts in this topic

Will a board member direct me to an article on DC Whitman Variants?   I would like to know the scarcity of these books in HG.  Or if you personally know the scarcity of each one.  This includes the Treasury editions as well.  I bought my first one on these boards and I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks in Advance.

Steve

On 1/9/2018 at 1:24 AM, SLR5 said:

Will a board member direct me to an article on DC Whitman Variants?   I would like to know the scarcity of these books in HG.  Or if you personally know the scarcity of each one.  This includes the Treasury editions as well.  I bought my first one on these boards and I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks in Advance.

Steve

Here is a terrific reference (aka shopping list lol ) on the sadly defunct STL site:

http://web.archive.org/web/20141017032811/http://stlcomics.com/gallery/whitman/matriximages.html

The only DC Whitman that exists that doesn't have a cover scan appearing in this table is DC Comics Presents #22 (it's image listed as "coming soon").  The few entries that are labeled "unverified" do not exist.

Beyond that site I don't think I could point you to much that has been written about DC Whitmans than is any better than what you can find on these boards, so check out those threads I sent to you by PM. 

Many of the DC Whitmans are going to be really tough to find in high grade.   There are some that are really common, but then you try to find a high grade copy and they are nowhere be found.   Some can be found in sealed 2-packs and 3-packs but I find it the idea of opening the pack to get at them pretty hard to take.

Edited by Warlord