• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rampaging Hulk... any good?

22 posts in this topic

Didn't see a thread addressing this, but I was wondering about the Rampaging Hulk mags.

How are the stories?

I see Sal Buscema (my favorite Bronze Age Hulk artist) did at least one story. Is it on par with his regular comics work?

Is the art greytone, or just black and white?

What about the backup stories?

I like some of them. I don't rememebr all the issues I have, but I'd say that 70% of the stories are good. Some nice art as well. From my website (in sig):

"Rampaging Hulk #2 from April of 1977. It's not a "real" appearance, but rather a flashback of the team when they were in the SA. This book came out much later then Giant Size X-Men #1 and well after the end of the SA so it can't be considered a "SA crossover", but it seems right to have it at least associated with this list."

rh2.jpg

Didn't see a thread addressing this, but I was wondering about the Rampaging Hulk mags.

How are the stories?

I see Sal Buscema (my favorite Bronze Age Hulk artist) did at least one story. Is it on par with his regular comics work?

I always hate letting the cat out of the bag early on specific items before I'm done getting mine. But the rampaging hulk series is very underated. Go out and buy a few issues from the #1-#12 range (the others are great too though). The interior art is very sweet. And I do mean it. There are also some key stories which many do not know about. I will keep those a mystery for a bit though... and I'm not just talking about Issue #2 with the X-men "appearance" gossip.gif

Definitely one of the undiscovered greats out there. I will post more info as time goes on. cool.gif

-bounty

Issue 9 was always my favorite issue of the series.

2403_4_09.jpg

That's the one that caught my eye first, but I always like anthology books so the others appeal as well.

Thanks to all for their input! 893applaud-thumb.gif

How are the stories?

Great stuff (stories and art). Way worth the money to pick up a set. Backup stories are awesome as well! I always thought the storylines in the magazine were more "mature" than the ones in the comics published at the same time, and enjoyed the magazine more than the comic. Bought it every month!

thumbsup2.gif

Would anyone have any reader copy issues of the Rampaging Hulk magazine they'd like to get rid of? I've got a few issues (#'s 3, 5, 7, 22, and 24), but I've to get a full run and sit down and read them. Anyone have any?

Plan to go back and pick up a few more from the run. thumbsup2.gif

As for being back...blame Neal Adams. I had to ask about the cover to Batman 244, and his response didn't disappoint. cool.gif

Well, that could be a custom title. laugh.gif

Resurrected by Neal Adams angel.gif

Reincarnated Fanboy confused-smiley-013.gif

Needs some work... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif