• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grade back PGM Action Comics #30

15 posts in this topic

CGC Grade 6.5 

Grader notes:

ight wear spine
small, multiple stain left center of back cover
stain right center of back cover
tear top of front cover
very light crease top of front cover

I think a clean and press could help, not sure due to tear though. Maybe I will get the GA bump.  I will hold my thoughts on a the grade for now. 

action_back2.jpg

action2.jpg

Edited by mdean2437

15 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Is that an inch and a half clean spine split at the 

I don't see it but I will pull the comic to be sure.  I got this a while back but never really looked at it. I need to examine it.  I think I over paid lol

11 minutes ago, mdean2437 said:

I don't see it but I will pull the comic to be sure.  I got this a while back but never really looked at it. I need to examine it.  I think I over paid lol

Even if you paid around Fine, maybe Fine + market price, I don't think you overpaid. The colors and paper appear un-aged.

54 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Even if you paid around Fine, maybe Fine + market price, I don't think you overpaid. The colors and paper appear un-aged.

I paid $956, but a graded 5.0 jusy sold for $1095 so i shouldn't be uoside down. Most importantly it presents very well.  If it didn't have the tear I could not have bought it lol

It's not going anywhere any time soon, but it makes me happy not to be too deep into it.

9 minutes ago, mdean2437 said:

I paid $956, but a graded 5.0 jusy sold for $1095 so i shouldn't be uoside down. Most importantly it presents very well.  If it didn't have the tear I could not have bought it lol

It's not going anywhere any time soon, but it makes me happy not to be too deep into it.

Pedigree quality paper. The colors are surreal. There's isn't a trace of toning on those covers or tanning paper off-gassing through from the inside pages that cause cover colors to tone and lose their original color. Good purchase. (thumbsu

Edited by James J Johnson

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Is that an inch and a half clean spine split at the top?

I think that's just the black line from the spine, due to a very slight miswrap -- notice on the front cover how the line wraps around to the back at the top.

4 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I think that's just the black line from the spine, due to a very slight miswrap -- notice on the front cover how the line wraps around to the back at the top.

I initially thought that, but it sure does also look like an actual rift, a neat and even separation as well.