• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pen scribbles on interior pages

3 posts in this topic

So I grabbed a beautiful copy of Amazing Spider-Man 122 for a pretty good price ($129).  I got the book and flipped through it and saw that two of the pages had been scribbled on in pen quite a bit (some kid grabbed a pen and went nuts before his dad could get to him I am betting lol).  Now this isn't a huge deal for me since the book is for my personal collection, and the buyer offered a full refund if I send it back or a partial refund of $20 (which I am taking, because overall the book displays great).

So overall the book cost me just over $100, which I am happy with.

Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are on this?  I am not having it graded, but how much does something like this affect the grade of an otherwise good looking book?

asm122.jpg

scribble1.jpg

scribble2.jpg

2 hours ago, Alf Pogs said:

(shrug) I'm saying the cover looks what... 8.5ish?

Not sure what the hit would be for the scribbles. I'd put it in mylar with a little note in back. Now go get 121!  :bigsmile:

Thanks!  Yeah I think it still presents great and it is only those two pages.  Not sure what it does to the grade but for $109 total I can't complain too much