• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM HOS 92

15 posts in this topic

whats the difference between a Spine Roll and a Bend ?  I get the Bend is caused in long boxes when comics r stored and there not even with each other and 1 gets pinched. Isn't a Bend like a Spine Roll ? What about minus on a book that's graded with a Spine Roll vs one with a Bend .  Do u subtract more for 1 than the other ? I get that a press can help a Bend but the same goes 4 a Spine Roll 2 doesn't it ?

p.s.  Triple Jay ...where r u ?

9 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

I thought they were kind of the same thing just because i didn't know any better.....who wants 2 teach me. I'm more advanced with the ways of The Force than I am with the ways of the Comic Grader.

Let me go dig some pics up. 

13 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

whats the difference between a Spine Roll and a Bend ?  I get the Bend is caused in long boxes when comics r stored and there not even with each other and 1 gets pinched. Isn't a Bend like a Spine Roll ? What about minus on a book that's graded with a Spine Roll vs one with a Bend .  Do u subtract more for 1 than the other ? I get that a press can help a Bend but the same goes 4 a Spine Roll 2 doesn't it ?

p.s.  Triple Jay ...where r u ?

spinroolafter.jpg

51 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

that's a nasty spine roll on amazing # 77 ... i luv that book ...i have a nice copy....have u ever thought of getting that good copy graded ? What causes a Spine Roll ? Is it like the same things that cause a Bend ?

The roll comes from either bending the comic too severely when reading it, excessive weight being placed on or against the comic in an uneven distribution, or from rolling up the magazine into a tube shape whether to put it in your pocket or mail slot or something else. If you lay the comic flat on a table and it curves into any shapped letter, a "C", a "U", a "J", etc, then that's spine roll.

That is not my ASM 77, just 1 I found on the interwebs 

I amy be done with sending books to be graded, wither I will buy already graded or buy raw and they stay raw.  Fore me there too much money out, of a  long of a time. 

Edited by mdean2437