• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] I just cut my shiznit in half! Promotional comics! Buy This Thread $65 Shipped U.S.!

12 posts in this topic

With apologies to Richard, but that thread is burned in memory....Anyway, up tonight is a few lots of promotional comics, recently acquired from the collection of one of the guys from Fantaco, which is kinda cool to know.

:rulez:

Lots will be priced shipped U.S.; adjustments made for multiple lots; Canada at actual postage cost.

Payment is Money Order or Check.

Returns - Sure, just notify me in three days and get them back in the same shape on your dime, unless I missed something.

Edited by Readcomix

First up is a lot of 11, most of which are not in the guide, and all are a part of the GE Adventures in Science series, with dates from 1948 to the late '50s. Apparently, there were different editions, as the slightly different colored issues of Adventures in Jet Power bear different dates. Most are mid-grade or better, except the one with apparent foxing, and the last three, which each had three holes punched, probably by some Nun for fastidious binder purposes, I'd guess.

11 golden age GE promotional comics of varying grade for :news: (was $125) NOW $100 shipped U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Okay....from Schenectady, we go to Pittsburgh with Joe Magarac and U.S. Steel. 

Joe the Genie of Steel (1950) and the Return of Joe the Genei of Steel (1951). Joe is about VF; Return would be save for a corner missing from the last three pages.

Take the pair for :news: (was $50) NOW $40 shipped U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Last lot, a Silver Age foursome for $25 shipped U.S. You get: The True Story of Smokey Bear FN, and a VG trio; Popeye the Sailor Bold Detergent giveaway, Blondie (with Beetle Bailey) from the Comics Reading Libraries series, and Tim Tyler's Luck (with Felix the Cat) also from Comics Reading Libraries.  Remember, those last three were printed by Charlton, so chances are they are in off-the-press condition at VG!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Okay, let's try wholesale -- buy the entire contents of this thread for $65 shipped in the U.S.!

Gotta move them out and move on; perfect storm of potential purchases on the horizon, so anything that isn't essential to my collecting goals is fair game. I want to move these, not just close the thread, to offer a different thread.

4 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Okay, let's try wholesale -- buy the entire contents of this thread for $65 shipped in the U.S.!

Gotta move them out and move on; perfect storm of potential purchases on the horizon, so anything that isn't essential to my collecting goals is fair game. I want to move these, not just close the thread, to offer a different thread.

:takeit: