• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Dell Four Color #684 Helen of Troy (1956)

7 posts in this topic

Would need the scan to have good enough resolution to be able to easily read the number 684 so we can see the stressing that appears to be on the spine. Without that better look at the spine, pure guesswork. Back cover is beautiful, that staple seating is fantastic. I can't tell if it's light dirt, ink transference, or slight ridges and bends on the back cover causing the shadows. Clearer scans would be great.

doesn't appear to sit flat....some kind of roll going on...i think...top right corner appears to have some kind of crease which looks like it may go completely thru the book....looks like a roll going down the right side of cover.....some writing on the cover....looks like a dent coming out of  the front spine....with some small tics...the back looks great but there looks to be some warping on the bottom edge...the cover does look somewhat amazing....and what great subject matter.....plus it doesn't hurt that history shows Helen Of Troy to b 1 of da worlds most ....well u get the point. I'm gonna say 6.0 but i would think a press will help flatten it out helping the grade improve. I would pay more attention to what others have 2 say.

36 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

doesn't appear to sit flat....some kind of roll going on...i think...top right corner appears to have some kind of crease which looks like it may go completely thru the book....looks like a roll going down the right side of cover.....some writing on the cover....looks like a dent coming out of  the front spine....with some small tics...the back looks great but there looks to be some warping on the bottom edge...the cover does look somewhat amazing....and what great subject matter.....plus it doesn't hurt that history shows Helen Of Troy to b 1 of da worlds most ....well u get the point. I'm gonna say 6.0 but i would think a press will help flatten it out helping the grade improve. I would pay more attention to what others have 2 say.

Thanks!  Definitely getting it pressed!  Helen of Troy and the Trojan War are favorite historical and literary topics of mine!  Very excited to get this book!